BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 5, 2010

I Got "The Call"!

This has been an awesome week for me in terms of writing. On Tuesday I got my Heart of Excellence Readers' Choice Awards trophy for Cover of Darkness, and it's now sitting on my nightstand until I get all the Christmas decorations packed away in January. Yep, I've already got half of the decorating done. (Don't hate me!)

Then yesterday I found a message waiting for me from Angela James of Carina Press, saying they wanted to contract Turbulence. I've never actually gotten a call before, just e-mails, so that was pretty cool. My heart was pounding in my chest as I listened, and I've even saved the message on my answering machine. I haven't "met" my editor over there yet, but from the sounds of it I've got some work ahead of me when we get to edits. That's okay, I'm up for the challenge and I'm sure the changes will only strengthen the book. Bring it!

I'm so glad that my Air Force PJ and Medevac heroine will have their story published. Don't know if the current title will stick or not, but the book will be released in digital format sometime next summer. I'll keep you posted!

14 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on getting "The Call" from Carina Press.

Katie Reus said...

Congrats girl!! I love that story and knew it would find a good home :) I hope you celebrate this weekend!

Zosia said...

Oooh, congratulations - can't wait to read it!!

Nissie said...

Congratulations on the call and the decorating! I think I'll spend some of the weekend wrapping presents I've already bought, but I'm not brave enough to decorate yet!

Kaylea Cross said...

Hi Jane, thanks very much!

Katie, you know I heart you for believing in this story as much as me.

Zosia, I put in a ton of research for this, and I hope it shines through in the book. I had soooo much fun doing the interviews and all the reading. I'm a geek and proud of it!

Thanks Nissie. I'm a little scared that you've already done your shopping, but we can still be friends ;)

Nissie said...

Thank you for still being my friend,Kaylea! ;)

If it helps, I'm not nearly finished, I just try to get a head start every year so I don't have a meltdown on Christmas Eve. :)

Nissie said...

BTW...I've meant to ask several times and always forget..How are your cousin and his friend getting along with their injuries?

Kaylea Cross said...

Okay Nissie, I don't feel quite so behind now.

My cousin's eye is still wonky, but he's just announced he's done with racing (yay!). His friend, however, will never be the same. He's pretty much a vegetable and is not expected to recover.

Nissie said...

I'm still just having trouble believing another year is almost gone.

I'm really sorry to hear that about his friend. I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. As for your cousin, I hope his eye gets better. And I know you must be thrilled that he's done. As exciting as I think racing is, I don't think I could stand someone close to me doing it.

Kaylea Cross said...

Nissie, thanks--prayers are always great and appreciated :)

I'm ecstatic that he's done racing, actually. He's not, but at least now I don't have to worry every weekend between April and September. Was working my way up to an ulcer! I'm hoping he'll take up golf or something instead. Maybe bowling. Or darts, lol. I heart him a lot :)

Nissie said...

LOL! Those all sound like wonderful alternatives to me! I'm sure he'll find something else he's happy with.:)

Christine said...

Hi

Congrats. I am anxious to get our copies - Uncle K will be hopefully going down soon to pick them up.

Enjoying my fitness training courses. What do you think of Zumba? I am thinking of taking an instructors course in it but I still love belly dancing best.

cc

Christine said...

ps.

I did not know about your cousin. We will give you a call soon.

cc

Christine said...

ps.

I did not know about your cousin. We will give you a call soon.

cc